This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] [Aarch64] Optimize subtract in shift counts
- From: kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu (Richard Kenner)
- To: Michael dot Collison at arm dot com
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, nd at arm dot com
- Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2017 16:58:01 EDT
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] [Aarch64] Optimize subtract in shift counts
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <HE1PR0802MB2377266815DA3FBD9F6EF21D95B50@HE1PR0802MB2377.eurprd08.prod.outlook.com>
> This patch improves code generation for shifts with subtract
> instructions where the first operand to the subtract is equal to the
> bit-size of the operation.
I would suspect that this will work on lots of targets. Is doing it
in combine an option?