This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [C++ Patch] Replace a few more error + error with error + inform
- From: Jason Merrill <jason at redhat dot com>
- To: Paolo Carlini <paolo dot carlini at oracle dot com>
- Cc: "gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2017 17:46:31 -0400
- Subject: Re: [C++ Patch] Replace a few more error + error with error + inform
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Fri, May 19, 2017 at 12:13 PM, Paolo Carlini
> while looking into some bugs (eg, c++/71464) I noticed a few more of those
> consecutive errors, which I propose to adjust per the below patchlet. The
> second case in add_method is a bit tricky because in principle we'd really
> like to be more specific (eg, clang talks about constructors which cannot be
> redeclared, member functions which cannot be redeclared and many more) and
> avoid verbose diagnostic, but in the below I only try to avoid emitting
> error + error... Tested x86_64-linux.
> Thanks, Paolo.