This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH 4/N] Recover GOTO predictor.
- From: Martin Liška <mliska at suse dot cz>
- To: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Cc: hubicka at ucw dot cz, ppalka at gcc dot gnu dot org, Richard Biener <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>
- Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2017 15:09:09 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 4/N] Recover GOTO predictor.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
On 06/21/2017 03:06 PM, Martin Liška wrote:
> There's one additional predictor enhancement that is GOTO predict that
> used to working. Following patch adds expect statement for C and C++ family
> There's one fallout which is vrp24.c test-case, where only 'Simplified relational'
> appears just once. Adding Richi and Patrick who can probably help how to fix the
> Patch can bootstrap on ppc64le-redhat-linux and survives regression tests.
> Ready to be installed?
And I forgot to mention hitrate on SPEC2017:
HEURISTICS BRANCHES (REL) BR. HITRATE HITRATE COVERAGE COVERAGE (REL) predict.def (REL)
goto 622 1.0% 64.31% 65.92% / 83.70% 725127790 725.13M 0.1%
Which says it's quite rare predictor, but with quite nice hitrate.