This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] [SPARC] Add a workaround for the LEON3FT store-store errata
- From: Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou at adacore dot com>
- To: David Miller <davem at davemloft dot net>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, sebastian dot huber at embedded-brains dot de, cederman at gaisler dot com, daniel at gaisler dot com
- Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2017 08:35:23 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] [SPARC] Add a workaround for the LEON3FT store-store errata
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <4541598.kZ55kCGA8h@polaris> <email@example.com>
> Ok, I was not aware of that policy.
The reason is that experience showed that you may have several issues for the
same class of processors (e.g. for the original UT699) and you don't want to
have to pass a list of -mfix-xxxx switches to fix them all. Moreover, the
workarounds may interact with each other (again e.g. the original UT699) so
you don't want to have to test all the combinations of -mfix-xxxx switches.