This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH 31/30] [arm] Mark -marm and -mthumb as being inverse options
- From: "Richard Earnshaw (lists)" <Richard dot Earnshaw at arm dot com>
- To: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2017 18:27:56 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 31/30] [arm] Mark -marm and -mthumb as being inverse options
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <cover.1497004220.git.Richard.Earnshaw@arm.com>
-marm and -mthumb are opposites: one cancels out the other. This patch
marks them as such so that the driver will eliminate all but the last
option on the command line. This aids multilib selection which
otherwise can get confused if both are present.
* config/arm/arm.opt (marm): Mark as the negative of of -mthumb.
(mthumb): Mark as the negative of -marm.
diff --git a/gcc/config/arm/arm.opt b/gcc/config/arm/arm.opt
index efee1be..dad5257 100644
@@ -91,7 +91,7 @@ EnumValue
Enum(arm_arch) String(native) Value(-1) DriverOnly
-Target Report RejectNegative InverseMask(THUMB)
+Target Report RejectNegative Negative(mthumb) InverseMask(THUMB)
Generate code in 32 bit ARM state.
@@ -195,7 +195,7 @@ Target RejectNegative Joined UInteger Var(arm_structure_size_boundary) Init(DEFA
Specify the minimum bit alignment of structures.
-Target Report RejectNegative Mask(THUMB) Save
+Target Report RejectNegative Negative(marm) Mask(THUMB) Save
Generate code for Thumb state.