This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Ping #1: [patch] Fix PR80929: Realistic PARALLEL cost in seq_cost.
- From: Georg-Johann Lay <avr at gjlay dot de>
- To: gcc-patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2017 12:35:31 +0200
- Subject: Ping #1: [patch] Fix PR80929: Realistic PARALLEL cost in seq_cost.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <email@example.com>
On 02.06.2017 09:53, Georg-Johann Lay wrote:
this small addition improves costs of PARALLELs in
rtlanal.c:seq_cost(). Up to now, these costs are
assumed to be 1 which gives gross inexact costs for,
e.g. divmod which is represented as PARALLEL.
The patch just forwards cost computation to insn_rtx_cost
which uses the cost of the 1st SET (if any) and otherwise
assign costs of 1 insn.
Bootstrapped & regtested on x86_64.
Moreover, it fixed the division by constant on avr where
the problem popped up since PR79665.
Ok to install?
* rtlanal.c (seq_cost) [PARALLEL]: Get cost from insn_rtx_cost
instead of assuming cost of 1.