This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [patch] Some testsuite cleanup
- From: Jonathan Wakely <jwakely at redhat dot com>
- To: libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Cc: Mike Stump <mrs at mrs dot kithrup dot com>
- Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2016 21:30:50 +0100
- Subject: Re: [patch] Some testsuite cleanup
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20160728210635.GD4264@redhat.com> <20160731192158.GT4264@redhat.com>
On 31/07/16 20:21 +0100, Jonathan Wakely wrote:
(I'm getting really annoyed with line numbers matching columns!)
testsuite/20_util/pair/cons/explicit_construct.cc is another one where
this happens. If you remove a blank line near the top of the file it
starts FAILing, because the error at explicit_construct.cc:55:40:
matches a dg-error on line 40.
Whitespace changes that cause testsuite FAILs are infuriating (and
hard to identify sometimes).
On IRC last week I proposed adding -fno-show-column to
libstdc++-v3/scripts/testsuite_flags.in which solves the problem.
Other people suggested I should tweak deajagnu to make it not match
column numbers. I tried various things, and tried to understand how
the front-end tests solve the problem, but simply adding
-fno-show-column seemed the simplest and most robust.
Better ideas would be welcome.