This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] gfortran: Fix allocation of diagnostig string (was too small).
- From: Janne Blomqvist <blomqvist dot janne at gmail dot com>
- To: vogt at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com, GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Fortran List <fortran at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Andreas Krebbel <krebbel at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>
- Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2016 20:05:31 +0300
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] gfortran: Fix allocation of diagnostig string (was too small).
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20160726154213.GA5371@linux.vnet.ibm.com>
On Tue, Jul 26, 2016 at 6:42 PM, Dominik Vogt <email@example.com> wrote:
> The attached patch fixes an out of bound write to memory allocated
> with alloca() on the stack. This rarely ever happened because on
> one hand -fbounds-check needs to be enabled, and on the other hand
> alloca() used to allocate a few bytes extra most of the time so
> most of the time the excess write did no harm.
Ok for trunk, thanks.