This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH, rs6000] Correct effective target in gcc.target/powerpc/pr63354.c
- From: Segher Boessenkool <segher at kernel dot crashing dot org>
- To: Bill Schmidt <wschmidt at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>
- Cc: GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, David Edelsohn <dje dot gcc at gmail dot com>
- Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2016 20:17:26 -0500
- Subject: Re: [PATCH, rs6000] Correct effective target in gcc.target/powerpc/pr63354.c
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Mon, Jul 25, 2016 at 03:29:55PM -0500, Bill Schmidt wrote:
> The subject test case uses the -mprofile-kernel option, which is not
> permitted in 32-bit mode. It currently restricts the effective target
> to powerpc64, which is not sufficient when using -m32 on 64-bit hardware.
> This patch changes the effective target restriction to lp64 to correct
> Tested on powerpc64-unknown-linux-gnu, verified. Ok for trunk?
Yes, thanks. Backports are okay as well.