This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Handle loops with loop->latch == NULL (PR gcov-profile/71868)
- From: Richard Biener <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>
- To: Martin Liška <mliska at suse dot cz>
- Cc: GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Jan Hubicka <hubicka at ucw dot cz>
- Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2016 12:04:56 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Handle loops with loop->latch == NULL (PR gcov-profile/71868)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <email@example.com>
On Mon, Jul 25, 2016 at 10:55 AM, Martin Liška <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> As discussed with Honza, we should sum all edge frequencies when a loop
> has multiple latches.
> Patch can bootstrap on ppc64le-redhat-linux and survives regression tests.
> Ready to be installed?
- if (e->src == loop->latch)
- freq_latch = EDGE_FREQUENCY (e);
+ if (e->src == loop->latch
+ || flow_bb_inside_loop_p (loop, e->src))
+ freq_latch += EDGE_FREQUENCY (e);
the e->src == loop->latch condition is redundant now.