This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Adapt the numbering scheme (PR gcov-profile/64874)
- From: Nathan Sidwell <nathan at acm dot org>
- To: Martin Liška <mliska at suse dot cz>, GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Cc: Jan Hubicka <hubicka at ucw dot cz>
- Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2016 07:58:45 -0400
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Adapt the numbering scheme (PR gcov-profile/64874)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 07/22/16 07:46, Martin Liška wrote:
As described in the PR, current numbering scheme in gcov-io.h would overflow in couple of years.
Thus, I'm suggesting to switch from:
If I'm reading that right, although we'll have a strange collating order that
won't match release ordering, we won't get collisions (because the minor version
never got above 9).
Patch can bootstrap on ppc64le-redhat-linux and survives regression tests.
Yes thanks. I was wondering when gcc's new version numbering would impact this