This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH], Add PowerPC vec_extract tests
- From: Michael Meissner <meissner at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>
- To: Segher Boessenkool <segher at kernel dot crashing dot org>
- Cc: Michael Meissner <meissner at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, David Edelsohn <dje dot gcc at gmail dot com>, Bill Schmidt <wschmidt at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>
- Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2016 20:14:47 -0400
- Subject: Re: [PATCH], Add PowerPC vec_extract tests
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20160721211526.GA20281@ibm-tiger.the-meissners.org> <20160721231724.GA2861@gate.crashing.org>
On Thu, Jul 21, 2016 at 06:17:24PM -0500, Segher Boessenkool wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 21, 2016 at 05:15:26PM -0400, Michael Meissner wrote:
> > I am preparing to submit patches to enhance vec_extract for 64-bit power8 and
> > power9 systems shortly. As part of my work, I added executable tests to test
> > all vector types, and doing both constant and variable vector extracts from
> > each vector type.
> > Because these are just new tests and not compiler changes, I verified that the
> > new tests run correctly with a current bootstrapped compiler on both a big
> > endian power7 system and a little endian power8 system. Can I install these
> > tests on the trunk?
> > --- gcc/testsuite/gcc.target/powerpc/vec-extract.h (revision 0)
> > +++ gcc/testsuite/gcc.target/powerpc/vec-extract.h (working copy)
> > @@ -0,0 +1,1125 @@
> > +#include <stdio.h>
> Do you use anything from this header?
> It's okay for trunk, either way. Thanks,
Not currently, but the first versions of the test did do tracing. I removed
including stdio.h from vec-extract.h and checked it in. I did keep stdlib.h
and stddef.h for abort and size_t/ssize_t declarations.
Michael Meissner, IBM
IBM, M/S 2506R, 550 King Street, Littleton, MA 01460-6245, USA
email: firstname.lastname@example.org, phone: +1 (978) 899-4797