This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH], Add PowerPC vec_extract tests
- From: Segher Boessenkool <segher at kernel dot crashing dot org>
- To: Michael Meissner <meissner at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, David Edelsohn <dje dot gcc at gmail dot com>, Bill Schmidt <wschmidt at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>
- Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2016 18:17:24 -0500
- Subject: Re: [PATCH], Add PowerPC vec_extract tests
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20160721211526.GA20281@ibm-tiger.the-meissners.org>
On Thu, Jul 21, 2016 at 05:15:26PM -0400, Michael Meissner wrote:
> I am preparing to submit patches to enhance vec_extract for 64-bit power8 and
> power9 systems shortly. As part of my work, I added executable tests to test
> all vector types, and doing both constant and variable vector extracts from
> each vector type.
> Because these are just new tests and not compiler changes, I verified that the
> new tests run correctly with a current bootstrapped compiler on both a big
> endian power7 system and a little endian power8 system. Can I install these
> tests on the trunk?
> --- gcc/testsuite/gcc.target/powerpc/vec-extract.h (revision 0)
> +++ gcc/testsuite/gcc.target/powerpc/vec-extract.h (working copy)
> @@ -0,0 +1,1125 @@
> +#include <stdio.h>
Do you use anything from this header?
It's okay for trunk, either way. Thanks,