This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PR debug/71855] avoid emitting DW_TAG_unspecified_parameters twice
- From: Richard Biener <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>
- To: Aldy Hernandez <aldyh at redhat dot com>,gcc-patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Cc: Ben Woodard <woodard at redhat dot com>,Dodji Seketeli <dodji at redhat dot com>
- Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2016 21:23:50 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PR debug/71855] avoid emitting DW_TAG_unspecified_parameters twice
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <578E78F3.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On July 19, 2016 9:01:07 PM GMT+02:00, Aldy Hernandez <email@example.com> wrote:
>Ben brought this bug to my attention which was causing a failure in
>The problem is that varargs functions are getting two
>DW_TAG_unspecified_parameters DIEs, because they are being emitted in
>early debug and again in late debug.
>This problem appears in GCC 6 and in mainline.
>The attached patch fixes the problem everywhere.
>Tested on x86-64 Linux.
>OK for mainline?
>p.s. I don't know what the rules are for GCC 6 right now, but if it's
>open for bugfixes, I'd be more than happy to commit it there if the
>patch is approved.