This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [patch] Fix type merging deficiency during WPA
- From: Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou at adacore dot com>
- To: Richard Biener <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, Jan Hubicka <hubicka at ucw dot cz>
- Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2016 17:46:08 +0200
- Subject: Re: [patch] Fix type merging deficiency during WPA
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1644035.nvA1iejZSU@polaris> <3173725.9mBKl3zftc@polaris> <CAFiYyc1yxGJfJj7Xca+EDGJAEg+ijH1MES1Prtu0h3NObuNqNw@mail.gmail.com>
> Yeah, as said such optimistic merging would need to happen during canoncial
> type merging for example by completely ignoring TYPE_DOMAIN or
> DECL_FIELD_OFFSET ... (a non-constant in one unit may be the same as a
> constant in another...).
OK, that's really optimistic, and we can probably get away without going this
far, e.g. by completely ignoring non-constant fields only, but I see, thanks.