This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH 3/6] Add dg-final-scan-autofdo and dg-final-scan-not-autofdo
- From: Andi Kleen <andi at firstfloor dot org>
- To: Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, hubicka at ucw dot cz
- Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2016 14:39:03 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 3/6] Add dg-final-scan-autofdo and dg-final-scan-not-autofdo
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Jeff Law <email@example.com> writes:
> On 06/26/2016 07:50 PM, Andi Kleen wrote:
>> From: Andi Kleen <firstname.lastname@example.org>
>> Autofdo outputs to different dump files and doesn't support some
>> transformation that normal profiling. Add dg-final-scan-autofdo
>> and dg-final-scan-not-autofdo statements to the test suite
>> so that the test cases can hande those cases separately.
> Which seems to match my assertion that value-prof does things that
> auto-prof does not.
This is right -- autofdo does not do any value profiling
(although it could in theory, and there is at least one paper about it)
email@example.com -- Speaking for myself only