This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [ARM] no-data-is-text-relative & msingle-pic-base
- From: Nathan Sidwell <nathan at acm dot org>
- To: Ramana Radhakrishnan <ramana dot radhakrishnan at arm dot com>
- Cc: GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Joey Ye <joey dot ye at arm dot com>, nd <nd at arm dot com>
- Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2016 12:06:57 -0400
- Subject: Re: [ARM] no-data-is-text-relative & msingle-pic-base
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 07/12/16 12:01, Ramana Radhakrishnan wrote:
I am also slightly inclined to go further and error out if someone uses -mno-PDITR with -mno-SPB on the command line, after all as you say -mno-PDITR implies a non-fixed mapping while -mno-SPB implies there is some fixed mapping some where currently in the compiler. I don't see how the twain can meet.
That was my original thought too, but Joey told me that such use cases exist.