This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Implement -Wswitch-fallthrough: lto
- From: Marek Polacek <polacek at redhat dot com>
- To: Richard Biener <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>
- Cc: GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2016 12:28:47 +0200
- Subject: Re: Implement -Wswitch-fallthrough: lto
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20160711194340.GI13963@redhat.com> <20160711195821.GA13963@redhat.com> <CAFiYyc1eRJCGJ1Ld0z7GZ-UY22ueOXT=4yJGMkMgHAwoUUJiqA@mail.gmail.com>
On Tue, Jul 12, 2016 at 12:22:55PM +0200, Richard Biener wrote:
> > @@ -254,6 +260,7 @@ parse_table_entry (char *p, struct ld_plugin_symbol *entry,
> > break;
> > }
> > /* FALL-THROUGH. */
> > + lto_fallthrough ();
> This shows me that it would be nice to simply get this correct by
> parsing comments...
Yea, seems that became a prerequisite for moving this forward. Not sure if
I'll be able to manage that, but let me try what Jakub and David suggested
(turn the commend into a pragma).
> I don't like __builtin_fallthrough () too much.