This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] S/390: Add support for z13 instructions lochi and locghi.
- From: Andreas Krebbel <krebbel at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>
- To: vogt at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2016 14:56:06 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] S/390: Add support for z13 instructions lochi and locghi.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20160701143133.GA26887@linux.vnet.ibm.com>
On 07/01/2016 04:31 PM, Dominik Vogt wrote:
> The attached patch adds patterns to make use of the z13 LOCHI and
> LOCGHI instructions.
> Tested on s390x biarch and s390, regression tested on s390x.
> Dominik ^_^ ^_^
Looks good, thanks!
Could you try merging the two testcases into one by putting the lp64 and ! lp64 as condition on the
scan assembler expressions?
Also I don't think it is really necessary to have these multiline matching checks in such a small
test. It should be enough to just make sure that the expected mnemonic occurs somewhere. Sure this
wouldn't catch cases where e.g. the mnemonics are in the asm file but not in the right function but
I think the risk should be really low here.