This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH 2/4] PR c++/62314: add fixit hint for "expected ';' after class definition"
- From: Bernd Schmidt <bschmidt at redhat dot com>
- To: David Malcolm <dmalcolm at redhat dot com>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2016 12:15:25 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 2/4] PR c++/62314: add fixit hint for "expected ';' after class definition"
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <57272E9B.email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 07/01/2016 07:40 PM, David Malcolm wrote:
A better argument is that as of r237712 we now have -fdiagnostics
-parseable-fixits. This allows for an IDE to offer to automatically
apply a fix-it hint. Hence by providing a fix-it here, an IDE can
potentially insert the semicolon itself:
In that light, is the patch OK?
Yeah, that's an argument I can buy.