This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH, rs6000] Fix PR target/71698, ICE in reload copying TDmode values to GPR regs
- From: Peter Bergner <bergner at vnet dot ibm dot com>
- To: Segher Boessenkool <segher at kernel dot crashing dot org>
- Cc: GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, David Edelsohn <dje dot gcc at gmail dot com>, Aaron Sawdey <acsawdey at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>, Bill Schmidt <wschmidt at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>, Michael Meissner <meissner at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>
- Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2016 11:35:14 -0500
- Subject: Re: [PATCH, rs6000] Fix PR target/71698, ICE in reload copying TDmode values to GPR regs
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <ea20c990-c886-5c3c-66af-f8f196306885 at vnet dot ibm dot com> <20160630232140 dot GA17843 at gate dot crashing dot org>
On 6/30/16 6:21 PM, Segher Boessenkool wrote:
On Thu, Jun 30, 2016 at 05:55:04PM -0500, Peter Bergner wrote:
We currently don't allow TDmode values to use direct moves, since they
live in register pairs and the most significant word is always in the
even-numbered register which does not match subreg ordering in little
endian mode. The following patch fixes PR71698 by disallowing reload
from using direct moves for TDmode values.
This passed bootstrap and regtesting with no regressions. Ok for trunk?
Yes, this is okay. Thanks!
This is also broken on the FSF 6 branch, so is this ok there too after
bootstrap and regtesting there?
Committed to trunk and the FSF 6 branch after bootstrap and regtesting
there showed no regressions. Thanks!