This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
unrecognized non-alpha-numeric characters in asm() constraints
- From: "Jan Beulich" <JBeulich at suse dot com>
- To: <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Fri, 01 Jul 2016 07:27:47 -0600
- Subject: unrecognized non-alpha-numeric characters in asm() constraints
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
is there a reason why in output constraints such gets accepted silently
(by parse_output_constraint()) while parse_input_constraint() issues
an error if it encounters any? The latter behavior seems more forward
compatible to me (such that if any such characters acquire meaning,
one can probe the compiler accordingly).