This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [expmed] Avoid clobbering a yet-to-be-used base/index register.
- From: Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>
- To: DJ Delorie <dj at redhat dot com>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 29 May 2015 23:02:19 -0600
- Subject: Re: [expmed] Avoid clobbering a yet-to-be-used base/index register.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <201505290206 dot t4T26rHk018433 at greed dot delorie dot com>
On 05/28/2015 08:06 PM, DJ Delorie wrote:
20040625-1 fails on targets with pointers bigger than WORD_SIZE (rl78,
msp430/-mlarge) because the base register is clobbered, partially
rebuilt with the new value, then used as a base for the second part of
the calculation. Ok?
* expmed.c (extract_bit_field_1): Avoid clobbering a
yet-to-be-used base/index register.