This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PR65768] Check rtx_cost when propagating constant
- From: Kugan <kugan dot vivekanandarajah at linaro dot org>
- To: Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>, "gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Fri, 29 May 2015 16:32:58 +1000
- Subject: Re: [PR65768] Check rtx_cost when propagating constant
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <552E1907 dot 4090708 at linaro dot org> <555436B3 dot 6070900 at linaro dot org> <5567892C dot 2010907 at redhat dot com>
On 29/05/15 07:31, Jeff Law wrote:
> On 05/13/2015 11:46 PM, Kugan wrote:
>> On 15/04/15 17:53, Kugan wrote:
>>> As mentioned in PR65768, ARM gcc generates suboptimal code for constant
>>> Uses in loop. Part of the reason is cprop is undoing what loop invariant
>>> code motion did.
>>> Zhenqiang posted a patch at to fix this based on rtx costs:
>>> I cleaned it up and bootstrapped, regression tested on x86_64-linux-gnu;
>>> no new regressions. Is this OK for trunk?
>>> 2015-04-15 Kugan Vivekanandarajah <firstname.lastname@example.org>
>>> Zhenqiang Chen <email@example.com>
>>> PR target/65768
>>> * cprop.c (try_replace_reg): Check cost of constants before
> I should have also noted, fresh bootstrap & regression test is needed too.
Thanks Jeff for the comments. I did a fresh bootstrap and regression
testing on x86_64-linux-gnu with no new regression. I will wait for you ACK.