This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [debug-early] fix problem with template parameter packs
- From: Jason Merrill <jason at redhat dot com>
- To: Aldy Hernandez <aldyh at redhat dot com>, gcc-patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Cc: Richard Biener <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>
- Date: Wed, 27 May 2015 15:34:48 -0400
- Subject: Re: [debug-early] fix problem with template parameter packs
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <55482AF6 dot 1090207 at redhat dot com> <5549314D dot 6080804 at redhat dot com> <5549373F dot 6020503 at redhat dot com> <554A4146 dot 4010501 at redhat dot com> <5564A158 dot 8010604 at redhat dot com>
OK, I see the issue. We're calling debug_abstract_function to build
debug info for the abstract instance of a function that we already built
It occurs to me that the early-dwarf work should make
debug_abstract_function and most of the DECL_ABSTRACT handling obsolete.
All we need to do is set DW_AT_inline during early debug and update it
during late debug if the function is inlined.