This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Fixes combined gcc-binutils builds.
- From: Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>
- To: Michael Darling <darlingm at gmail dot com>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 27 May 2015 09:35:15 -0600
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Fixes combined gcc-binutils builds.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CABRuA+h2f3u=QdawpM=wcfyTmGaAm4YzM6GyxYcD9ysnoUaeFg at mail dot gmail dot com>
On 05/24/2015 01:56 PM, Michael Darling wrote:
Can you please send your patch as an attachment. Your mailer re-wrapped
the long lines making the patch impossible to apply and test.
Combined builds has been broken for about 10 months, because some
binutils configure.in files were renamed to configure.ac, but gcc's
references to them were not updated. There is a corresponding patch
submitted to binutils-gdb, which renames its few remaining configure.in
files to configure.ac. Otherwise, fixing the gcc calls to binutils-gdb
configure.* files would be more complicated.
Also, some time ago, gcc renamed its configure.in files to configure.ac.
Fixed a few remaining references to gcc configure.in files, such as in
error messages and documentation.