This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH][ARM] Add debug dumping of cost table fields
- From: Kyrill Tkachov <kyrylo dot tkachov at arm dot com>
- To: GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Cc: Ramana Radhakrishnan <Ramana dot Radhakrishnan at arm dot com>, Richard Earnshaw <Richard dot Earnshaw at arm dot com>
- Date: Wed, 27 May 2015 09:38:00 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH][ARM] Add debug dumping of cost table fields
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <55438E3F dot 8050205 at arm dot com>
On 01/05/15 15:31, Kyrill Tkachov wrote:
This patch adds a macro to wrap cost field accesses into a helpful debug dump,
saying which field is being accessed at what line and with what values.
This helped me track down cases where the costs were doing the wrong thing
by allowing me to see which path in arm_new_rtx_costs was taken.
For example, the combine log might now contain:
Trying 2 -> 6:
Successfully matched this instruction:
(set (reg:SI 115 [ D.5348 ])
(neg:SI (reg:SI 0 r0 [ a ])))
using extra_cost->alu.arith with cost 0 from line 10506
which can be useful in debugging the rtx costs.
Bootstrapped and tested on arm.
Ok for trunk?
2015-05-01 Kyrylo Tkachov <email@example.com>
* config/arm/arm.c (DBG_COST): New macro.
(arm_new_rtx_costs): Use above.