This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: PATCH to run autoconf tests with C++ compiler
- From: Alexandre Oliva <aoliva at redhat dot com>
- To: Jason Merrill <jason at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches List <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Mon, 25 May 2015 17:29:31 -0300
- Subject: Re: PATCH to run autoconf tests with C++ compiler
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <555EA4B1 dot 8090706 at redhat dot com>
On May 22, 2015, Jason Merrill <email@example.com> wrote:
> * configure.ac: Use C++ for all tests. Use AC_CHECK_DECLS for
> strstr and basename.
> * configure: Regenerate.
This is ok, thanks.
I have one concern about scenarios in which config.cache is shared by
all builds for the host, but in which stage1 and stage2 compilers might
(and arguably should) get different results because of stage1's
-std=c++98, but with a shared config.cache, they won't. config.cache is
disabled by default, but I have it enabled and shared, so I might catch
any fallout from this change, so I'll keep my eyes open. It's not like
we couldn't have run into this before, due to differences between the
system C compiler and stage1, so... /me crosses fingers ;-)
Alexandre Oliva, freedom fighter http://FSFLA.org/~lxoliva/
You must be the change you wish to see in the world. -- Gandhi
Be Free! -- http://FSFLA.org/ FSF Latin America board member
Free Software Evangelist|Red Hat Brasil GNU Toolchain Engineer