This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Contribute FreeBSD unwind support (x86_64 and x86)
- From: Andreas Tobler <andreast-list at fgznet dot ch>
- To: John Marino <gnugcc at marino dot st>, gcc-patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Wed, 20 May 2015 22:21:07 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Contribute FreeBSD unwind support (x86_64 and x86)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <555CE558 dot 5070404 at marino dot st>
On 20.05.15 21:49, John Marino wrote:
I have maintained unwind support for FreeBSD i386 and x86_64 in my
"gnat-aux" repository for many years (I created it). I've always
intended on contributing it back to GCC, but I never got around to
"proving" it worked until now.
The version I've been using actually has two flavors: FreeBSD 8 and
below and FreeBSD 9 and above. However, the last of the FreeBSD 8
releases reaches EOL at the end of June so the unwind support I've
attached here drops the FreeBSD 8 variation for simplicity's sake.
I was under the impression that MD unwinding was used for more than just
GNAT but it looks like that impression was wrong. When I ran the
testsuite, the only tests affected were Ada tests.
It is, libjava uses it.
Note that I provided a similar unwind support for DragonFly a few months
ago. Please consider applying the attached patch to gcc trunk. (copy
of patch found here:
Suggested text for libgcc/ChangeLog:
2015-05-XX John Marino <email@example.com>
* config.host (i86-*-freebsd*, x86_64-*-freebsd*):
* config/i386/freebsd-unwind.h: New.
Also please recall that my copyright assignment to FSF is in order!
Testing patch locally now.