This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [patch, gcc 5 regression] re-enable biarch for powerpc-linux-gnu
- From: David Edelsohn <dje dot gcc at gmail dot com>
- To: Sandra Loosemore <sandra at codesourcery dot com>, Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>
- Cc: GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Tue, 19 May 2015 14:18:23 -0400
- Subject: Re: [patch, gcc 5 regression] re-enable biarch for powerpc-linux-gnu
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <555A11B4 dot 8020605 at codesourcery dot com>
This seems reasonable to me.
Alan, any thoughts from you?
On Mon, May 18, 2015 at 12:22 PM, Sandra Loosemore
> We've found that configuring a powerpc-linux-gnu cross toolchain with
> --enable-targets=all no longer enables -m64 support in GCC 5, due to the
> patch for PR target/65286. (We want to build with a -m64 multilib, in
> The attached patch seems to fix the breakage, but I'm not sure that it might
> not break some other configuration. If this isn't the right fix, can one of
> the target experts suggest a better one?
> Here's a link to the discussion of the patch that caused the breakage: