This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: PING^3: [PATCH]: New configure options that make the compiler use -fPIE and -pie as default option
- From: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Magnus Granberg <zorry at gentoo dot org>, GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Tue, 19 May 2015 15:21:07 +0000
- Subject: Re: PING^3: [PATCH]: New configure options that make the compiler use -fPIE and -pie as default option
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAMe9rOrw7OFObOmOCG1wM2Hfr_hpKo-wY0_17ngB89CTQ_34Mw at mail dot gmail dot com> <alpine dot DEB dot 2 dot 10 dot 1505072104300 dot 20024 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk> <CAMe9rOrcADb1t2Ch0LDy9SOaS9RDoj4BGgo8qL+6jtg1tnLA8g at mail dot gmail dot com> <3072346 dot CTCrhcXNep at laptop1 dot gw dot ume dot nu> <alpine dot DEB dot 2 dot 10 dot 1505190109380 dot 16300 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk> <CAMe9rOr-mU-vxmF3po-zKAYtLyYGGCN4LeM-DJkL6Kv3fYxD_g at mail dot gmail dot com>
On Mon, 18 May 2015, H.J. Lu wrote:
> > Have updates for all affected specs for all targets been posted? I just
> > saw a small and apparently arbitrary subset of targets with patches, and
> > no explanation of how those targets were identified or why the other
> > targets with specs mentioning the options in question did not need
> > updates.
> I only posted patches for an arbitrary subset of targets because
> 1. Not everyone is interested in --enable-default-pie.
> 2. I can't tests all targets myself.
> If patches for all targets is the only blocker before the patch
> will be approved or target maintainers will help me test the patch,
> I will post patches for each target affected.
I think the whole thing should be posted as one patch, with both the
target-independent changes and the target-specific changes for all
Joseph S. Myers