This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] fortran/66043 -- Check for NULL() in STORAGE_SIZE()
- From: FX <fxcoudert at gmail dot com>
- To: Steve Kargl <sgk at troutmask dot apl dot washington dot edu>
- Cc: fortran at gcc dot gnu dot org, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 15 May 2015 17:34:14 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] fortran/66043 -- Check for NULL() in STORAGE_SIZE()
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20150515145955 dot GD82729 at troutmask dot apl dot washington dot edu>
+ gfc_error ("%qs argument of %qs intrinsic at %L shall not be an "
+ "unallocated allocatable variable or a disassociated or "
+ "undefined pointerâ,
Given that we know explicitly that the expr is NULL, wouldnât it be nicer to give only the relevant condition (here, I guess itâs âundefined pointerâ)?
Regarding the other example mention in the PRâs comment #2, I guess thereâs no requirement for the compiler to diagnose this, is there?