This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PR65768] Check rtx_cost when propagating constant
- From: Kugan <kugan dot vivekanandarajah at linaro dot org>
- To: "gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Thu, 14 May 2015 15:46:27 +1000
- Subject: Re: [PR65768] Check rtx_cost when propagating constant
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <552E1907 dot 4090708 at linaro dot org>
On 15/04/15 17:53, Kugan wrote:
> As mentioned in PR65768, ARM gcc generates suboptimal code for constant
> Uses in loop. Part of the reason is cprop is undoing what loop invariant
> code motion did.
> Zhenqiang posted a patch at to fix this based on rtx costs:
> I cleaned it up and bootstrapped, regression tested on x86_64-linux-gnu;
> no new regressions. Is this OK for trunk?
> 2015-04-15 Kugan Vivekanandarajah <email@example.com>
> Zhenqiang Chen <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> PR target/65768
> * cprop.c (try_replace_reg): Check cost of constants before propagating.