This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [patch] Clean up detection of SJLJ exceptions in target libraries
- From: Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou at adacore dot com>
- To: Matt Breedlove <breedlove dot matt at gmail dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, Jonathan Wakely <jwakely at redhat dot com>, libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org, java-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 13 May 2015 18:10:34 +0200
- Subject: Re: [patch] Clean up detection of SJLJ exceptions in target libraries
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1440100 dot 16fMh0Bpp2 at polaris> <20150513103655 dot GC30202 at redhat dot com> <CAD8UrCFf863DFTQZh13Aa4qy=jL_hy-uC6Do0cP8+1GwyBC98g at mail dot gmail dot com>
> This patch fixes an issue preventing mingw-w64 i686 dwarf2-eh
> bootstrapping described at:
> I'm assuming this has more to do with switching away from the current
> sjlj configuration method since configuring gcc with
> "--disable-sjlj-exceptions --with-dwarf2" still suffers the same
> issues. Building with simply "--with-dwarf2" instead, however, now
> works fine. I'm not sure whether or not a bug has been created for it
> and if one needs to be.
Yes, if it makes any difference for a --with-dwarf2 bootstrap, this means that
gcc and libgcc had different views of the EH scheme of the compiler.
The --disable-sjlj-exceptions breakage is worth investigating separately, so
please create a PR with Bugzilla (https://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla) for it.