This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH, ARM] attribute target (thumb,arm) [2/6] respin (4th)
- From: Christian Bruel <christian dot bruel at st dot com>
- To: Ramana Radhakrishnan <ramana dot radhakrishnan at arm dot com>, "gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Richard Earnshaw <Richard dot Earnshaw at arm dot com>, "nickc at redhat dot com" <nickc at redhat dot com>
- Date: Wed, 13 May 2015 10:39:20 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH, ARM] attribute target (thumb,arm) [2/6] respin (4th)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <554A2348 dot 6040205 at st dot com> <554B2706 dot 9010005 at arm dot com>
On 05/07/2015 10:49 AM, Ramana Radhakrishnan wrote:
On 06/05/15 15:20, Christian Bruel wrote:
In preparation of the pragma target
reorganize ÃTARGET_CPU_CPP_BUILTINSÃ to redefine mode dependent macros
based on current thumb_p.
I'm not entirely happy with this patch as it appears to be too tied to
just the "thumbness" of the attributes. Additionally there appears to be
recomputing of booleans which could well have been done using the
standard headers, given that this includes tm.h why don't you have the
definitions from arm.h for the various TARGET_* macros. See a couple of
While you are here , can you look at moving all the CPP builtins into
one function and then working from there. That would be a better
restructuring in the long term rather than a piece meal move in this
case. Makes rebuild times smaller for folks by doing this in one place.
rebased and resplited the patch in 2 subparts to address those points.
- [2.1/6]: Move all the CPP builtins from arm.c
- [2.2/6]: Redefine TARGET_MACROS for #pragma GCC target without
"thumbness" the glue.
(also, rereading this patch with rested eyes, I was not happy
neither and needed a complete rewrite to be readable and more synergy
between the target features macros).
New versions are following...