This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: False ODR violation positives on anonymous namespace types
- From: Jason Merrill <jason at redhat dot com>
- To: Jan Hubicka <hubicka at ucw dot cz>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 11 May 2015 12:16:02 -0500
- Subject: Re: False ODR violation positives on anonymous namespace types
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20150511142810 dot GA6584 at kam dot mff dot cuni dot cz>
On 05/11/2015 09:28 AM, Jan Hubicka wrote:
We already discussed earlier that type_in_anonymous_namespace_p is not working
on compund types, because these do not have TYPE_STUB_DECL. I thought those are
!TYPE_NAME types. What is reason for !TYPE_NAME type with no TYPE_STUB_DECL?
Is it always a compound type with typedef name?
Right. Typedef names have no linkage, so they aren't really ODR types;
only classes and enums have linkage. Why do you want to check other types?