This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
RE: [patch, MIPS, testsuite] Fix gcc.target/mips/branch-1.c
- From: "Moore, Catherine" <Catherine_Moore at mentor dot com>
- To: "Steve Ellcey " <sellcey at imgtec dot com>, "gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Cc: "matthew dot fortune at imgtec dot com" <matthew dot fortune at imgtec dot com>
- Date: Mon, 11 May 2015 16:04:20 +0000
- Subject: RE: [patch, MIPS, testsuite] Fix gcc.target/mips/branch-1.c
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <3eb3ef1a-ac71-44b9-bda8-0d5611f1a680 at BAMAIL02 dot ba dot imgtec dot org>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Steve Ellcey [mailto:email@example.com]
> Sent: Monday, May 11, 2015 12:02 PM
> To: firstname.lastname@example.org
> Cc: email@example.com; Moore, Catherine
> Subject: [patch, MIPS, testsuite] Fix gcc.target/mips/branch-1.c
> The test gcc.target/mips/branch-1.c has started failing because it is trying to
> verify that each of 4 functions generates and 'andi' instruction and only
> finding 2 of them. With a recent change (fixing PR 65150) GCC determined
> that the f1 and f2 functions generate identical code and that the f3 and f4
> functions generate identical code and so it replaced f1 with a tail call to f2 and
> f3 with a tail call to f4. Thus only 2 'andi' instructions show up and the test
> There is an existing bug report (PR 65534) about whether or not this is a good
> optimization but I would like to fix this test so that that optimization can not
> happen since that is not what this test is intended to check for. My solution
> is to pass different arguments to bar() in each function so the code in each
> function is unique.
> Tested with mips-mti-linux-gnu, OK to checkin?
> Steve Ellcey
> 2015-05-11 Steve Ellcey <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> * gcc.target/mips/branch-1.c: Pass argument to bar().
This is OK.