This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [patch 0/10] debug-early merge
- From: David Malcolm <dmalcolm at redhat dot com>
- To: Aldy Hernandez <aldyh at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, jason merrill <jason at redhat dot com>, Richard Biener <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>
- Date: Fri, 08 May 2015 10:41:16 -0400
- Subject: Re: [patch 0/10] debug-early merge
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <554C03B5 dot 9050705 at redhat dot com>
On Thu, 2015-05-07 at 17:30 -0700, Aldy Hernandez wrote:
> Hi folks.
> I have divided the patches into 10 pieces. The patches are
> interdependent and cannot be applied independently. I am merely
> dividing them up to aid the relevant reviewers.
> As I've mentioned elsewhere, the patchset as posted has been
> bootstrapped and GCC tested on:
> I have also GDB tested the patchset on x86_64-linux.
> Thanks for your help in this ordeal.
Aldy: did you test the jit with this? Specifically, is gdb still able
to step through the generated code/inspect values?
etc; see e.g:
Sadly the jit testsuite doesn't yet automatically verify that sane
debuginfo is generated; I've only ever hand-tested that (this is PR
Alternatively, I guess I can try your branch if that's easier (exactly
which should I test?)