This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH 0/14][ARM/AArch64] __FP16 support, vectors, intrinsics, testsuite
- From: Alan Lawrence <alan dot lawrence at arm dot com>
- To: "gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Marcus Shawcroft <Marcus dot Shawcroft at arm dot com>, Kyrylo Tkachov <Kyrylo dot Tkachov at arm dot com>
- Date: Fri, 08 May 2015 13:56:07 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 0/14][ARM/AArch64] __FP16 support, vectors, intrinsics, testsuite
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <5537D241 dot 1000606 at arm dot com>
Alan Lawrence wrote:
This patch series adds support for ARM Neon float16x4_t and float16x8_t vector
types and intrinsics, and the __fp16 type, on both ARM and AArch64, and extends
the tests in Christophe Lyon's advsimd-intrinsics testsuite to cover these. (I
chose to extend the existing tests rather than add new ones, as the majority of
f16 intrinsics are just moving blocks of 16-bits around and do not depend on HW
support; I added new files for the conversion intrinsics.)
The ARM parts were previously posted at
https://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2015-01/msg01434.html but have had some fixes
following the testsuite additions. Also The ARM patches depend upon my ARM
lane-checking improvements at
https://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2015-01/msg01422.html , which I have just pinged.
I've cross-tested baremetal arm-none-eabi, aarch64-none-elf and
aarch64_be-none-elf most patches individually, and bootstrapped each patch in
series on (the relevant one of) arm-none-linux-gnueabihf and aarch64-none-linux-gnu.
OK for trunk?
Ping (ARM, AArch64, Testsuite).