This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
RE: [patch 1/28] top-level: Use automake-1.11.6
- From: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Bernd Edlinger <bernd dot edlinger at hotmail dot de>
- Cc: Michael Haubenwallner <michael dot haubenwallner at ssi-schaefer dot com>, Paolo Bonzini <bonzini at gnu dot org>, DJ Delorie <dj at redhat dot com>, Nathanael Nerode <neroden at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Alexandre Oliva <aoliva at redhat dot com>, Ralf Wildenhues <ralf dot wildenhues at gmx dot de>, Jan-Benedict Glaw <jbglaw at lug-owl dot de>, GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Janne Blomqvist <jb at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Kai Tietz <ktietz at redhat dot com>
- Date: Thu, 7 May 2015 15:25:14 +0000
- Subject: RE: [patch 1/28] top-level: Use automake-1.11.6
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <5548E9C3 dot 1090408 at ssi-schaefer dot com> <5549D5F1 dot 50308 at ssi-schaefer dot com>,<alpine dot DEB dot 2 dot 10 dot 1505061554210 dot 21257 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk> <DUB118-W1661F951B67EAF76890D01E4DF0 at phx dot gbl>
On Thu, 7 May 2015, Bernd Edlinger wrote:
> But that is not the case for other tool scripts. I think these should
> be in-sync with the automake version that creates the configure scripts
> that make use of them.
At least some of these scripts are also usable other than from
automake-generated code (I don't know if they're used like that in GCC,
but some projects use them like that). New versions should be compatible
with older automake, and I don't think we should be downgrading these
scripts to older versions (which is what this patch would do).
Joseph S. Myers