This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Fix eipa_sra AAPCS issue (PR target/65956)
- From: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- To: Richard Earnshaw <Richard dot Earnshaw at foss dot arm dot com>
- Cc: Richard Biener <rguenther at suse dot de>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, Martin Jambor <mjambor at suse dot de>, Alan Lawrence <alan dot lawrence at arm dot com>
- Date: Tue, 5 May 2015 14:54:31 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Fix eipa_sra AAPCS issue (PR target/65956)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20150502082437 dot GW1751 at tucnak dot redhat dot com> <alpine dot LSU dot 2 dot 11 dot 1505040950230 dot 20496 at zhemvz dot fhfr dot qr> <20150504150011 dot GD1751 at tucnak dot redhat dot com> <20150505073228 dot GH1751 at tucnak dot redhat dot com> <5548A174 dot 4010208 at foss dot arm dot com> <5548A327 dot 3080103 at foss dot arm dot com> <A290B716-CC90-4AB9-A14C-768C7623AA83 at suse dot de> <5548BBBC dot 7060000 at foss dot arm dot com> <5548BC73 dot 8030506 at foss dot arm dot com>
- Reply-to: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
On Tue, May 05, 2015 at 01:49:55PM +0100, Richard Earnshaw wrote:
> The real question here is why is TYPE the type of the value, rather than
> the type of the formal as expressed by the prototype (or implicit
> prototype in the case of variadics or K&R)? Surely this is the mid-end
> passing the wrong information to the back-end.
There is nothing else for unnamed arguments (K&R, stdarg).
For named arguments, the backend has the option to save the fntype in
CUMULATIVE_ARGS and look it up when it needs that. But, that will
still mean K&R and stdarg will be just broken on arm.