This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH][ARM] Do not lower cost of setting core reg to constant. It doesn't have any effect
- From: Kyrill Tkachov <kyrylo dot tkachov at arm dot com>
- To: GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Cc: Ramana Radhakrishnan <Ramana dot Radhakrishnan at arm dot com>, Richard Earnshaw <Richard dot Earnshaw at arm dot com>
- Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2015 12:58:54 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH][ARM] Do not lower cost of setting core reg to constant. It doesn't have any effect
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <5537C9B9 dot 5090501 at arm dot com>
On 22/04/15 17:18, Kyrill Tkachov wrote:
This hunk that slightly reduces the cost of immediate moves doesn't actually have any effect.
In the whole of SPEC2006 it didn't make a difference. In any case, I'd like to move to a point
where we use COSTS_N_INSNS units for our costs and not increment decrement them by one.
This patch removes that bit of logic and makes it slightly cleaner to look at. As far as I know
its logic has never been confirmed in practice.
Bootstrapped and tested on arm.
Ok for trunk?
2015-04-22 Kyrylo Tkachov <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* config/arm/arm.c (arm_new_rtx_costs): Do not lower cost