This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: ping: [PATCH, ARM] attribute target (thumb,arm) [0-6]
- From: Ramana Radhakrishnan <ramana dot gcc at googlemail dot com>
- To: Christian Bruel <christian dot bruel at st dot com>
- Cc: Ramana Radhakrishnan <Ramana dot Radhakrishnan at arm dot com>, richard Earnshaw <Richard dot Earnshaw at arm dot com>, "gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2015 08:43:26 +0100
- Subject: Re: ping: [PATCH, ARM] attribute target (thumb,arm) [0-6]
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <54D8A94E dot 3010603 at st dot com> <CAJA7tRZGiPVXpWj8i-eDpvsXXtVscCuaS_v-2XM4Zqv-R2Rccg at mail dot gmail dot com> <5534BA3F dot 8060602 at st dot com>
- Reply-to: ramrad01 at arm dot com
On Mon, Apr 20, 2015 at 9:35 AM, Christian Bruel <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> Hello Ramana
>> Can you respin this now that we are in stage1 again ?
> Attached the rebased, rechecked set of patches. Original with comments
> posted in
> many thanks,
A general note, please reply to each of the patches with a rebased
patch as a separate email. Further more all your patches appear to
have dos line endings so they don't seem to apply cleanly. Please
don't have spurious headers in your patch submission - it then makes
it hard to , please create it in a way that it is easily applied by
someone trying it out. It looks like p4 needs a respin as I got a
reject trying to apply the documentation patch to my tree while trying
to apply it.
I tried the following decoration on foo in gcc.target/arm/attr_arm.c
int __attribute__((target("arm, fpu=vfpv4")))
return a ? 1 : 5;
And the compiler accepts it just fine.
Given that with LTO we are now using target attributes to decide
inlining - I'm not convinced that the inline asm case goes away. In
fact it only makes things worse so I'm almost convinced to forbid
inlining from "arm" to "thumb" or vice-versa, which is a reversal of
my earlier position. I hadn't twigged that LTO would reuse this
infrastructure and it's probably simpler to prevent inlining in those
So in essence I'm still playing with this and would like to iterate
towards a quick solution.