This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH 01/12] add default definition of EH_RETURN_DATA_REGNO
- From: Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>
- To: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- Cc: tbsaunde+gcc at tbsaunde dot org, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2015 08:04:23 -0600
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 01/12] add default definition of EH_RETURN_DATA_REGNO
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1429622658-9034-1-git-send-email-tbsaunde+gcc at tbsaunde dot org> <1429622658-9034-2-git-send-email-tbsaunde+gcc at tbsaunde dot org> <55365355 dot 1030002 at redhat dot com> <20150421140022 dot GV1725 at tucnak dot redhat dot com>
On 04/21/2015 08:00 AM, Jakub Jelinek wrote:
Probably not since they'll blow up elsewhere (I was recently helping
someone with a private port that didn't define EH_RETURN_DATA_REGNO) :-)
On Tue, Apr 21, 2015 at 07:40:37AM -0600, Jeff Law wrote:
On 04/21/2015 07:24 AM, email@example.com wrote:
From: Trevor Saunders <firstname.lastname@example.org>
2015-04-21 Trevor Saunders <email@example.com>
* defaults.h: New definition of EH_RETURN_DATA_REGNO.
* except.c: Remove definition of EH_RETURN_DATA_REGNO.
* builtins.c (expand_builtin): Remove check if
EH_RETURN_DATA_REGNO is defined.
* df-scan.c (df_bb_refs_collect): Likewise.
* haifa-sched.c (initiate_bb_reg_pressure_info): Likewise.
* ira-lives.c (process_bb_node_lives): Likewise.
* lra-lives.c (process_bb_lives): Likewise.
This one wasn't as obvious as the others, but is clearly OK once the full
loops being guarded by EH_RETURN_DATA_REGNO are examined.
Except that the bb_has_eh_pred predicate might burn CPU time for basic
blocks with many predecessors. Though, the question is if there are any
important targets that don't define EH_RETURN_DATA_REGNO already.