This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
RE: [patch,avr]: Part2: Fix various problems with specs and specs file generation.
- From: "Sivanupandi, Pitchumani" <Pitchumani dot Sivanupandi at atmel dot com>
- To: Georg-Johann Lay <avr at gjlay dot de>, Denis Chertykov <chertykov at gmail dot com>
- Cc: GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Joerg Wunsch <joerg_wunsch at uriah dot heep dot sax dot de>, "Selvaraj, Senthil_Kumar" <Senthil_Kumar dot Selvaraj at atmel dot com>
- Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2015 12:55:41 +0000
- Subject: RE: [patch,avr]: Part2: Fix various problems with specs and specs file generation.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <54F4BCA1 dot 7080707 at gjlay dot de> <20150303132144 dot GC24277 at atmel dot com> <54FDC417 dot 1000008 at gjlay dot de> <CAC140656783604CABA6AE60C2A6D5A49854FE15 at penmbx02 dot corp dot atmel dot com> <5523CEDE dot 1060204 at gjlay dot de> <CADOs=zb_dyo0tEONrff_O7genuOu6Mgg-EWHpg277RBMR=VFoQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <55251030 dot 1070305 at gjlay dot de> <CAC140656783604CABA6AE60C2A6D5A49855BA55 at penmbx02 dot corp dot atmel dot com> <55266135 dot 20003 at gjlay dot de>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Georg-Johann Lay [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org]
> Sent: Thursday, April 09, 2015 4:54 PM
> To: Sivanupandi, Pitchumani; Denis Chertykov
> Cc: GCC Patches; Joerg Wunsch; Selvaraj, Senthil_Kumar
> Subject: Re: [patch,avr]: Part2: Fix various problems with specs and specs
> file generation.
> Am 04/09/2015 um 12:59 PM schrieb Sivanupandi, Pitchumani:
> >> And what about the spaces problem as mentioned in
> >> http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?44574
> >> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/avr-libc-dev/2015-03/msg00010.html
> >> Art there plans to fix that?
> > Yes. Will submit patch to avr-libc by next week.
> > Regards,
> > Pitchumani
> If the device libs are moved, all the ~200 .dev/<device> directories will
> contain just 1 file each: crt1.o. Is it much work to tidy that up? (For
> example by renaming to, say, crt<device>.o and moving them to a
> common place or to their natural multilib location.)
No, It is possible to do with the same patch.
I'll rename crt1.o to crt<device>.o and move it to multilib location.