This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: libgo patch committed: Build libnetgo.a
- From: "Lynn A. Boger" <laboger at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>
- To: Ian Lance Taylor <iant at golang dot org>, gcc-patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, "gofrontend-dev at googlegroups dot com" <gofrontend-dev at googlegroups dot com>
- Date: Wed, 08 Apr 2015 07:41:40 -0500
- Subject: Re: libgo patch committed: Build libnetgo.a
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAOyqgcXkem1v9JZ53TAqGOmN2p_Rr6C_g=Bi8SCrv6m69XQc8g at mail dot gmail dot com>
I see there is some documentation about build constraints in
There is no mention of netgo on this page now but this seems like an
spot to mention the use of the netgo tag for gc and then how to achieve the
equivalent effect with gccgo.
On 04/07/2015 01:09 PM, Ian Lance Taylor wrote:
PR 63731 points out that when using gccgo there is no way to request a
Go program that uses the native Go DNS lookup code rather than using
the system libraries. This patch from Lynn Boger at least provides a
mechanism for that, by adding a -lnetgo library that can be used to
pick up the Go DNS lookup routines. This isn't complete fix because
we still need to document it somewhere. Bootstrapped on
x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu. Committed to mainline.