This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [gofrontend-dev] Re: Go patch committed: Don't strip Go programs
- From: "Lynn A. Boger" <laboger at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>
- To: Ian Lance Taylor <iant at golang dot org>
- Cc: "gofrontend-dev at googlegroups dot com" <gofrontend-dev at googlegroups dot com>, gcc-patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2015 10:37:19 -0600
- Subject: Re: [gofrontend-dev] Re: Go patch committed: Don't strip Go programs
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAOyqgcX--ZaBLOErNaRcON8jd_SDU878U4bdHjbAsQQ=+itH=w at mail dot gmail dot com> <9c9cb300-1008-4760-9c91-9070c827af67 at googlegroups dot com> <CAOyqgcXrwPthjncV8Ft3ZAmrK=WGH54XBX7jhWuGduNy2g8o3Q at mail dot gmail dot com>
At a minimum I think it should be mentioned in libgo/README.
I'll have to ask around to find out where would be best so that anyone
who builds libgo for distribution knows that the debug info should not
I'm not sure about other places
On 02/27/2015 09:59 AM, Ian Lance Taylor wrote:
On Fri, Feb 27, 2015 at 7:21 AM, <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
As discussed in this bugzilla, the debug info from libgo should not be
stripped or some things won't work as documented, like runtime.Callers. Is
that information documented anywhere so that anyone who builds gccgo and
libgo and provides it to others is aware of this?
I'm not aware of any documentation specifically saying that libgo
should not be stripped. Do you have any suggestions as to where that