This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH, testsuite] Fix gcc.dg/vect/pr59354.c
- From: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- To: Richard Biener <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Pat Haugen <pthaugen at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>, GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2015 09:18:58 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH, testsuite] Fix gcc.dg/vect/pr59354.c
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <54EFAD76 dot 7040409 at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com> <CAFiYyc2AtkZe_OBQx0n+zvaCByVvP_sa5rBY=gJFy=GnPR6rmA at mail dot gmail dot com>
- Reply-to: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
On Fri, Feb 27, 2015 at 09:08:30AM +0100, Richard Biener wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 27, 2015 at 12:34 AM, Pat Haugen
> <email@example.com> wrote:
> > The subject testcase is failing on older powerpc64 hardware that doesn't
> > support vector instructions because the prolog code is saving callee save
> > vector registers used in the loop before the check_vect() call has even been
> > performed. Following was tested on powerpc64-linux. Ok for trunk/4.9 branch?
> Hum. So the whole check_vect business is unreliable on ppc64? I'd rather
> make sure to not run the tests at all on older ppc hardware then?
> Well. Ok.
I think the separate main containing just check_vect and call to a noinline
function is very much desirable, otherwise it works purely by accident if it
works at all, IMHO on all arches.