This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
RE: [PATCH][4.9] PR 64569 - Backport support for MIPS binutils 2.25
- From: Matthew Fortune <Matthew dot Fortune at imgtec dot com>
- To: "Moore, Catherine (Catherine_Moore at mentor dot com)" <Catherine_Moore at mentor dot com>, "aaro dot koskinen at iki dot fi" <aaro dot koskinen at iki dot fi>
- Cc: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>, "'gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org' (gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org)" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2015 11:03:30 +0000
- Subject: RE: [PATCH][4.9] PR 64569 - Backport support for MIPS binutils 2.25
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <6D39441BF12EF246A7ABCE6654B0235320FB546A at LEMAIL01 dot le dot imgtec dot org> <6D39441BF12EF246A7ABCE6654B0235320FDAA8E at LEMAIL01 dot le dot imgtec dot org> <20150217201423 dot GA1746 at tucnak dot redhat dot com>
Jakub Jelinek <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> On Tue, Feb 17, 2015 at 08:10:37PM +0000, Matthew Fortune wrote:
> > Ping. Please could you advise if I can approve MIPS changes to release
> > branches of if I need you/someone else to do so?
> Any maintainer or reviewer can approve changes to the release branches.
> Of course caution should be used, it should (with possible exceptions)
> meet the branch criteria (regression bugfix or documentation fix) and it
> shouldn't be something left broken on newer branches, in order to avoid
> creating regressions on the trunk.
Thanks. I've committed this now albeit with a follow up commit owing to not
stating the bug number in the log.
I verified hard/soft defaults in GCC combined with binutils 2.24/2.25
successfully build a linux toolchain and the expected options appear to the
assembler. Obviously you can still face problems by updating Binutils
without rebuilding GCC but there is nothing I can (sensibly) do about that.
Aaro: Sorry for the long delay, I wasn't sure on procedure as you can see.
Any strong opinions on whether the combination of GCC 4.8 and binutils
2.25+ is significantly important? I can do the other backport if anyone
thinks it beneficial.