This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [SH] Adding some peepholes (PR 61142)
- From: Kaz Kojima <kkojima at rr dot iij4u dot or dot jp>
- To: oleg dot endo at t-online dot de
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2015 19:21:51 +0900 (JST)
- Subject: Re: [SH] Adding some peepholes (PR 61142)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1424900120 dot 14981 dot 407 dot camel at yam-132-YW-E178-FTW>
Oleg Endo <email@example.com> wrote:
> These are the peepholes as mentioned in PR 65153 and in PR 61142. They
> try to wallpaper some bad RA choices and reduce the CSiBE code size by
> approx. 3.9K bytes.
> A problem I ran into with this one is that the peephole2 pass drops
> REG_INC notes, which makes the following passes produce garbage
> sometimes. Instead of rejecting automodify mems in the peephole2
> patterns, for now I'm manually adding the REG_INC notes after emitting
> move insns. Maybe peephole2 could do that automatically in the future.
> Tested with
> make -k check RUNTESTFLAGS="--target_board=sh-sim
> Kaz, could you also please pre-test this on sh4-linux?
No new failures on trunk revision 220928.